Props, Lighting, Action!

Now that the plot is set, the next step is preparation. It is time to plan exactly what we will do, how we will do it, and when. There will need to be two/three actors. The main character will be a female around the age of 17, the possible friend will be a male around the same age, and the grandmother will be played by anyone willing to wear a creepy mask I own or makeup I can attempt. For the main character, I was thinking of asking my good friend Madelyn Lima or of acting myself. I took drama in middle school and get very ‘into the character’ when needed. I am also short and quite a small person, fitting in with the whole idea of being scared and appearing weak. My partner, Tomas Vilas, could play the role of the friend who goes to visit. He is very outgoing and friendly, quickly becoming a likeable character, and is extremely tall, giving off the sensation of being able to protect the fearful teen.
    As for the location, we will need a house big enough for two people to live. It will be where the main character lived with her grandmother until she passed away and the teen was left living alone with all of the empty space. Also the girl is presumed to be staying inside for most of her life, meaning the house must include enough space and items for a comfortable everyday living. My house is about 5,200 square feet, while my partner’s is 3,145 square feet. Both work pretty well with the plot, yet I think my house might be a bit too large for two people since it is meant for five or more. The props required include several pictures and frames to place around the house, several toys and stuffed bears, a scary grandmother mask, and the items in the living situations. I want the dramatic mood to be created through the feel of the atmosphere. I will do this through the use of darker, more lifeless colors in the house and by blending rich hues into the visual palette. [1]
    Lighting is what will create the dramatic scene and effect through intense back light and less intense fill lights. [2] The final scene should have enough lighting to be able to see the characters and understand what is happening, but little enough for the teen to be able to fall asleep in order to keep it realistic. My partner and I have decided to film on Sundays which we both have available and at 5pm whatever weekdays we both have off from work. We will keep this schedule very flexible and add more hours per day or days per week depending on how much we need to do. We will begin filming as soon as possible once all of our planning is finished and perfected.
Image result for how color sets horror mood Image result for lighting and horror films


Lighting Example Image #2: https://pbblogassets.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2015/06/horror-cinematography-haze.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming Day!

The Look

Group Feedback #2