Huge Change

    Something has happened that will and has modified my project immensely. About two weeks into the project, I was notified that my partner was suspended from my school. I tried countless times to contact him, but the call kept going straight to voicemail. Calling, texting, e-mailing, talking to his friends, etc. Nothing seemed to work and the worst part is, I didn’t have his address either. Finally about two weeks later, my teacher thankfully sent an e-mail to his parents explaining the situation and asking if he could call me. That same day afterschool, I received a call from an unknown number. The relief I had was insane. He explained to me what had happened, but I was leaving to Argentina for the duration of Spring Break the day after, meaning nothing could be done at that point.
    I continued my blogs and research on my own, making sure the absence of my partner did not affect my project. I ended up filming in Argentina because the location was perfect and I did not know what would happen with my partner once I returned. The day I got back to school, my teacher called me over. “You know what happened, right?” Uh oh. That is when she told me that my partner withdrew from school. I asked what would happen and if I would have to find someone else or change my project. Since the number of projects being sent still remained, it was okay for me to finish it on my own. Of course, it is not ideal because from the beginning everything was planned to work with the partnership. However, one must always prepare for the worst so I am extremely lucky that I decided to continue the project by myself.
    I will now be finishing this film opening by myself. Besides the obvious, many small things had to change as well. Originally, my partner was supposed to play the scary unknown man, but I got my brother (who has a very similar physique) to accept the role instead. I had to come up with every phrase and write them down on every single post-it by myself. I had to come up with every idea and the plan to execute them by myself. Overall, the whole situation just caused me a ton of stress and worry. However, I was able to continue my journey through all of these problems and am happy with the adjustments that had to be made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming Day!

The Look

Group Feedback #2