Filming Day!


    Today was the first day filming!! Overall, I am extremely pleased with the results. With the excuse of some hilarious bloopers, the time spent was not wasted at all. Every shot was made several times to be perfected and to make it easier to edit with a greater variety of clips. The dolls with the eyes covered came out absolutely perfect. I loved the look.
    With several tweaks to make sure the bedroom was transformed from a guy’s room to a phobia-ruled girl’s room, the location was great. We took some old baby photos from my eldest cousin’s photo album to make it seem more homey and realistic. I wrote MANY post-it notes to fill the walls and make it appear the way I wanted it to as well.
(The blindfolded bears on the bed were created just incase and did not end up appearing in the filming process.)
    Today we also filmed the bathroom scene. Changing this location was a mess. The bathroom was being remodeled, so even the wall plugs were hanging out of the walls with cables. I had to tape those on the walls with some clear duct tape. Then, as I left the bathroom, you could see a Pirates of the Caribbean sign on the wall of the room (the theme of the bedroom). I am a very short person. Finding something to cover the sign and then jumping until I got it perfectly was a mission. I then wrote more notes to put in the mirror and door to further decorate Cecile’s room. Filming it without the camera person appearing in the mirror and with me being perfectly centered with the post-it notes led to many, many takes. But, the final one came out excellent!
    Filming this scene was for sure my favorite. Everything was going well, but I wanted to implement tiny changes every shot to pick the best one for the film later. In one scene, everything came out amazing. I felt it. The second I walk back into the bathroom I hear “That was awesome! Now again, except this time I won’t forget to press record.” I laughed so much that the following scenes were almost impossible for me to film without laughing. In one, I was told to move over so that I would appear perfectly in the middle of the post-it notes on the wall. I also had to lower my head more so that it was seen as I washed my face. When I ducked lower, I managed to smack my forehead against the sink and, of course, I broke character right there and began laughing uncontrollably along with everyone watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Look

Group Feedback #2