Creating the Dialogue

     The last thing to do for everything to be perfected before filming day is to create the dialogue. I have some options that I have come up with, so I will write them below and have my friends and family choose the one that fits best.

 Option #1:

Cecilia- “Hi, yes, what do you need?”
Idk- “Someones having a day, huh?”
Cecilia- “No, I’m sorry. My moms been out of town for three days now and I haven’t been able to sleep. You scared me.”
Idk- “Hey, listen. This thing is taking over your life. When was the last time you left the house?”
Cecilia- “This ‘thing’ is scopophobia. As in…. Phobia. A real phobia.”
Idk- “I know I’m sorry. Okay if you refuse to leave the house then I’m coming over in an hour.”
Cecilia- “Okay, yes please.”
Idk- “Oh I wasn’t asking. As one of the few people you can still see without freaking out I have the right.”
Cecilia- “Oookaayy. Love you”
Idk- “Love you”

 Option #2:

Cecilia- picks up the phone, still pantingIdk- “Are you okay?”
Cecilia- “Yes I’m fine. You scared me.”
Idk- “I know I’m not an expert on scopophobia and barely understand what it is, but you need to get some help.”
Cecilia- “No, I’m fine. My moms been out of town and I haven’t been able to sleep much, so I’m just tired.”
Idk- “Alright well, shower and change because I’m coming over in an hour. I know you won’t leave the house, but we can pretend like we will.”
Cecilia- “Okay”
Idk- “See you soon”

      I will make a clearer choice after receiving further feedback, but I am leaning more towards option number two. I used two websites to search and compare the average times the conversation will use up of the film. (written below) The second option leaves more time for suspense and the rest of the scene, while not being as repetitive and absurd. For this reason, I will most likely go with this more straight-to-the-point option.

 https://www.edgestudio.com/production/words-to-time-calculator1)   36 seconds (with an average of 3 words per second)
2)   27 seconds (with an average of 3 words per second)
 http://www.speechinminutes.com1)   0.8 minutes (with an average of 130 words per minute)    ~ 48 sec
2)   0.6 minutes (with an average of 130 words per minute)    ~ 36 sec

        As for the television scene, after Cecilia turns around and the man is gone she begins to talk to herself. While calming her down, she will repeat some phrases. I have not decided on this either. I will conduct the same survey for this to help me decide.

 “Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.”         Short, yet effective.
“No one is there. It’s not real.” (x2)         Reinforces her internal thoughts
“You are alone. You are stronger. It is made up.”     Repeats post-it notes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming Day!

The Look

Group Feedback #2