The Cast


    My actress said yes! Due to the fact that I have been unable to reach my partner and that I am going to Argentina for ten days, I needed someone to be available and willing to play the main role. I was thinking about filming this weekend, but I wanted more time to perfect the scene and make sure there are no ‘surprises’ on filming day. Once the camera starts rolling, I want everything to be perfected. Instead I began to consider the alternative option, filming in Argentina. The only negative would be that if any clips are missing, I can’t film because I will not be there.
    After thorough consideration of the pros and cons, I decided to film my opening in Argentina. The location and actress would be absolutely ideal. As previously discussed, my house is way too large so I was going to film at my partner’s home. But he has a family of four, so it is still quite big for a scene involving two people living together. My cousins home, where I will be staying, is the perfect size because they are only a family of three. Also, I had a couple of ideas as to who my main actress would be, but I am yet to find someone here that will perfectly portray the character I want in my scene. 



Then it came to me. My cousin’s girlfriend, Julieta Irujo, is 16-years old (the age I am looking for) and is part of an acting program in her high school in which she has played the lead for almost every play created. When she was young, an accident with a dog led to a decent size scar on her face. By adding some makeup to intensify and worsen the scar, it will add a touch of mystery to the scene that will have audiences wanting to view the entire film to find out how it happened. Is it the reason why she has scopophobia? Did a person do that to her? Was it recent?
I quickly got in contact with Julieta and surely enough, she said she would be honored to play my star role. I was thrilled! 






But, I still needed an actor to play my antagonist. Since his face will not be seen, the physique is what matters the most. I wanted someone tall and pretty buff so his reflection in the television screen as he stands behind Julieta will be very scary. I then turned to my left and saw the exact image I had in my mind, my brother. A 6’1, gym loving (he even works at a gym), 20-year-old male. Since we share the same DNA, he had no option but to participate. The only other scene requiring a person would be the last five/ten seconds of the opening. However, I want the infiltrator to be a man (my brother has quite baby-like hands) and to have good handwriting because it will be what completes my title. So for that part, my father’s large hands will be writing on the post-it for the closing seconds.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming Day!

The Look

Group Feedback #2